Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a range of security-related processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action on a range of security issues, deal with staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other colleagues. These jobs may require to work different shifts and report for duty on short notice.
- Review security-related information (e.g. security incidents and events, security support to daily activities, etc.) and use corporate or local information management tools to provide basic analyses and reports to ensure information is readily available for relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise and coordinate with local administration, security and law enforcement authorities, communities, UN/NGO security staff and other actors to facilitate access for safe programme delivery and to mitigate potential risks against staff and other resources.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, preparing and conducting field missions including tracking of staff, and perform regular security assessments in the area of responsibility to support safe and effective programme delivery.
- Prepare detailed security assessment reports after field missions with risk mitigation recommendations to support security situation analysis and facilitate decision-making.
- Assist in the formulation of advice to Country Director on security risk management matters and safety issues in compliance with the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS).
- Assist in implementation of all security risk management mitigating measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) to ensure compliance.
- Assist in management and maintenance of security equipment and identify new requirements to strengthen technology capacity in line with business requirements.
- Assist in monitoring that all access control procedures are effective and stringently followed by all staff and visitors to ensure accountability and maintenance of safe and secure environment.
- Contribute to the development and update of emergency and contingency planning documentation including physical preparations and procedures to support preparedness for a crisis.
- Assist in identification of security training needs to support training planning and implementation to address staff development needs.
- Supervise and provide on-the-job training to other staff supporting their development and high performance.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages.
Experience: 4 or more years of relevant work experience.
• Has supported security operations efforts as directed
• Has supported in providing ad-hoc technical guidance to staff members
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on HQ and Field staffing and financial resource usage on a project-level basis.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only
- Indicate all your job TOR
- indicate clear years of experience with each job (Month/Year)
- WFP staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply for another FT position.
- WFP staff on FT contracts must have completed one year in the current position to be eligible to apply for another FT position.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.