The Security Badge Technician conducts application reviews, data-entry/enrollment, badge and placard printing and issuance, record data base entries, administrative tasks associated with badging and access issues and security related forms, as well as customer service relations with applicants and program personnel, and assists with security briefings.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Review all badge enrollments, applications, and other documentation to ensure all applications are properly documented, stored, and saved electronically and/or by hard copy in an organized manner per customer requirements.
- Ensure all administrative duties to include record data base entry and keeping of appropriate documentation to include processing mission firearms authorizations and resolute support badge applications are conducted.
- Conduct verification of security clearances, vetting certificates for third country nationals and local nationals, Letters of Agreement, Letters of Justification, and other documentation necessary for applicants.
- Verify and report on the accountability of all equipment and supplies. Ensure badging equipment and supplies are at their appropriate levels. This includes ensuring there is spare equipment if a device/hardware breaks down.
- Conduct monthly inventories of assigned equipment and supplies. Provide advance notice if any supplies are running low.
- Ensure all assigned badge equipment is operated correctly, remains operational and receives properly scheduled maintenance.
- Proposed maintenance schedules shall be provided for review and approval.
- Provide excellent customer relations while interacting with applicants and personnel.
- Be proficient with the WebPass program for processing access requests and notify program management of any access requests requiring their attention (VIP, Priority, Electronics Requests etc.).
- When required, supplement staffing shortages at constituent badge offices to ensure badge processes remain operational.
- Create and issue embassy parking placards to personnel seeking approval for vehicular access to various venues.
- Ensure proper record keeping and data base entry for all requests and issuances.
- Ensure all badge/vehicle placards applications are complete, authenticated by designated approving authorities, and are authorized based on established criteria.
- Notify program management of applicant attendance rates to the mandatory security briefing, advising of applicants that fail to attend security briefing.
- Notify program management immediately of any irregularities or breach of procedures related to any badge, access, or other security issues.
- Schedule appointments for group applicants for appointments for badge issuance and security briefs.
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word , Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
Experience & Education
- Minimum of two years’ experience with computer data entry and administrative/office management.
- Must have a high school diploma.
- 4/4 English language required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Work in an austere environment
- No travel required.