- Balad Air Base, Iraq
- Required Clearance – None
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
Balad Air Base, Iraq
Ability to obtain
The Personal Security Detail (PSD) Team Leader (TL) is responsible for the personal protection of designated contract personnel, USG and others as determined by the Program Manager and Director of Security, Balad. PSD TL will follow established PSD security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to effectively ensure government, contract compliance and International Standard (ISO) 18788.
Under the general direction of the Security Operations Manager and Senior SET Manager, the PSD Team Leader:
- Organizes, manages and supervises all aspects of the protective detail to ensure that protective security requirements of the contract/ ISO 18788 standards are met.
- Liaise with Risk Management Officer/ SET Manager to review developments in Insurgent capabilities, vulnerabilities and probable courses of action
- Responsible for conducting post mission reviews and site surveys and submitting related reports to the Risk Management Officer and SET Manager.
- Develops and implements plans for route development, analysis and reconnaissance
- Provides site security at all venues
- Ensures that all protective security specialists are properly trained, equipped, briefed, and mentally and physically prepared each time they are dispatched on protective services assignments
- Implements emergency immediate action drills and Standard Operating Procedures
- Exercises discretion in assigning Team Member roles and duties in missions and delegating responsibilities as required
- Submits daily electronic LN PSD timesheets plus LN Daily Accountability sheets.
- Conducts debriefing sessions after every mission.
- Responsible for briefing Team Members on SGS policies and procedures and ensuring that all Team Members understand and adhere to all company policies
- Ensures that all Team Members undergo refresher training in weapons, communications, driving skills, basic medical procedures and any other related training as required
- Liaises with the BDOC on all matters related to mission movement, location, departure and return
- Oversees the status and maintenance of the team’s vehicles and equipment Submits Monthly Sensitive Items Registers to SET Manager.
- Responsible for general supervision of the PSD Team
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Security Operations Manager and SET Manager.
- Maintain high level of Operational Security (OPSEC) standards whilst on duty and on leave.
- Always present a professional and presentable appearance when on Base.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a US government clearace.
- Must hold valid passport.
- 2-5 years verified PSD positions obtained from DOD, Department of State (DOS), or civilian employment, deployment or military service in hostile environments.
- Successful completion from a DOD, DOS High Threat Protection (HTP), (WPS-1, WPPS-1or -2) and/or internationally recognized civilian Close Protection Course.
- Previous work experience in hostile, post-conflict environments
- Valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge of principles and practices of security operations in the developing world
- Skilled in observing situations and decision-making
- Skilled in dealing courteously with Principals and others encountered during the course of duty
- Ability to pass a detailed medical evaluation and maintain physical fitness
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely in English, verbally and in writing
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment, including nighttime operation with vision or corrected vision
- Ability to operate independently in remote and dangerous locations without guaranteed communications and immediate external support
- Ability to conduct both static and mobile PSD and security operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of individual and group force protection principles.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles of all types tactically both on and off-road.
- Must demonstrate unique problem-solving skills, the ability to work independently or as part of a team equally and have excellent communication skills.
- Ability to qualify and remain current in weapons normally carried by military and/or law enforcement officers, e.g., semi-automatic pistol and rifles.
- Ability to work well in teams and in a collaborative environment
Physical Requirements and Work Conditions
- Ability to climb, crawl, crouch, bend, stand for long periods, reach above shoulder level, extend arms at awkward angles, lift, and carry objects
- Ability to remain alert for shifts of twelve (12) consecutive hours or as required.
- Excellent physical fitness and be able to successfully pass PSD validation within 60 days of arrival on contract.
Who We Are
About Caliburn International, LLC: We are a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents. The company’s website is http://www.caliburnintl.com.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Caliburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.