Solace Global Maritime are currently recruiting highly motivated, experienced security personnel adept at offshore risk management, for an upcoming vessel-based project in Scotland, UK.
The first phase of this project begins in June 2022, running through to December 2022. The next two phases will be over 9 months from March 2023 – December 2023. Contractors are not required to remain on task for the entirety of each phase, however, the minimum tasking period will be 30 days. If you are willing to deploy for longer than the initial 30 days, please let us know on application.
All personnel will conduct training with Solace Global Maritime prior to the project starting.
The purpose of this role is to manage the offshore threats and risks associated to SGM’s clients project, whilst working in line with company and project specific management systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
Main duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The management of approaching threat vessels in consultation with Guard Vessel crew.
- Ensuring project specific management systems are adhered to, including, but not limited to:
Guard Vessel Execution Plan.
Threat Vessel Management Method Statement.
Guard Vessel Management Plan.
Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental (QHSE) Plan.
- Completing essential documents, including, but not limited to:
Daily Progress Reports.
Monthly Progress Reports.
Accident & Incident Reports.
Safety Observations Cards.
- Engaging with internal and external interested parties and project stakeholders via emails, telephone calls, vessel radios and face to face discussions.
- Being the focal point of contact and the linchpin for communications between SGM, Guard Vessel crew, client vessels and project stakeholders.
- Making certain issued equipment is operated and maintained in line with project specific management systems and manufactures guidelines.
- Ensuring SGM deliveries against key client requirements and project objectives.
- Management of all health, safety and environmental standards on behalf of SGM, in consultation with Guard Vessel crew.
- Troubleshooting issues and reporting them to interested parties via pre-agreed methods and lines of communication.
- Providing feedback on operational, logistical and QHSE points for continual improvement.
- Pro-actively building and maintaining professional relationships with Guard Vessel crews, project vessels, client representatives local mariners.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The following are essential;
- Minimum 2 years seafaring experience as a maritime security officer via a Privately Contracted Maritime Security Company (PMSC) or offshore risk management consultancy experience.
- Experience in providing companywide and/or maritime/offshore risk management training packages.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- A self-motivated, organised, professional, and diligent individual that integrates well within challenging and diverse environments and cultures.
- Ability to professionally represent the company where required.
- Competent using Microsoft Office packages.
Education, Training & Qualifications
The following are essential:
- Proof of military service.
- STCW95 (4 modules).
- ENG1 Medical.
- Seaman’s Card and discharge book.
- Clean criminal record.
- COVID-19 vaccination record.
N.B All documentation must be in date for the duration of a deployment.
Terms & Conditions
Work Environment – Predominantly offshore on board SGM chartered Guard Vessels
(workboats and/or fishing vessels).
Hours – Offshore working hours shall be managed by the OFCO and dictated by the threat landscape. However, working hours shall be in line with statutory laws and practices.
Example: Shift Number 1 – 0600 – 0900
Shift Number 2 1200 -1500
Shift Number 3 1800 – 2100
Pay Rates – As agreed/as per contract.
To apply, please send a CV and confirmation that you possess the above qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Please feel free to also use this email address if you have any queries before applying.